We do not knowingly collect Personal Information directly from children under the age of fourteen. The website is for a general audience and is not specifically targeted to or intended for use by children.
What Information Do We Collect
We may collect and use your Personal Information to manage our relationship with you, to communicate with you, to obtain your feedback, to improve our products, to conduct research and marketing activities, and to comply with the law.
We collect and use several types of information that you provide, including:
- Personal Information, that we can use to directly or indirectly identify you, such as your name, mailing address, email address, telephone number, Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, username or other similar identifier, billing and account information, and any other identifier we may use to contact you online or offline.
- Non-personal information is information that does not directly or indirectly reveal your identity or directly relate to an identified individual, such as demographic information, or statistical or aggregated information. Statistical or aggregated data does not directly identify a specific person, but we may derive non-personal statistical or aggregated data from Personal Information. For example, we may aggregate Personal Information to calculate the percentage of users accessing a specific website feature.
- Usage information, includes your login information, Internet Protocol (IP) address, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating systems and platforms, or information about your Internet connection, the equipment you use to access the Website, and usage details.
- Non-personal details about your Website Interactions, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URLs), click stream to, through and from our website (including dates and time), products you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page, or any phone number used to call our customer service number.
How We Collect The Information
Information You Provide to Us
The information we collect directly from you may include:
- In-Store: When you visit one of our stores, we may ask you for certain information while you interact with one of our representatives. This may include contact information, payment information, product information and other information you provide when you purchase a vehicle or service from us, and when you finance your lease or purchase through our partners, including your name, email address, address, phone number and financial information.
- Online Accounts: If you sign up for an online account through the website, we may ask you to provide your username, password, email address, phone number, payment card information, product preferences, past purchases.
- Marketing Communications: If you would like to receive marketing communications from us, you may do so by signing up on the website or in our stores. We will ask you to provide your email address or phone number so we can send you marketing materials.
- Communicating with Us: When you contact us about a customer service issue, or to make other inquiries, we collect the content of those communications, and any additional information about the method of communication such as phone, SMS, email, chat, or through social media platforms. For example, if you email us, we will collect your email address, if you send us a text message, we will collect your phone number, and so on.
- Loyalty & Rewards Programs: If you enroll in a loyalty or rewards program, we collect information such as your name, email, telephone number, or mailing address to track your rewards and allow you to redeem them across our brands.
- Other information You Provide Online: This includes information provided when you subscribe to our service, post material, or request further services, such a quote. We may also ask you for information when you enter a contest or promotion sponsored by us, and when you report a problem with our website.
We use various technologies such as cookies, local shared objects, and web beacons ("Data Technologies") that automatically collect Information on how you use our site and to improve your browsing experience. "Cookies" are small identifiers sent from a web server that are stored on your device for the purpose of identifying your browser or storing Information or settings in your browser. "Local shared objects," may be used to store your preferences or display content based upon what you have viewed on various websites to personalize your visit. A "web beacon," also known as an Internet tag, pixel tag or clear GIF, links web pages to web servers and their cookies.
We may also use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online behavioral or interest based advertising. To learn more or to opt out of tailored advertising, please visit Digital Advertising Alliance of Canada Opt-Out Tool for information on how you can opt out of behavioral tracking on this website.
Information We Collect About You from Third Parties
During use of the website, as a result of disclosure to third parties, or as a consequence of the network connections used to connect to the website or any related servers or computer networks, any data transmitted outside of Canada and may be subject to the laws of those other jurisdictions.
Google Analytics. We use Google Analytics and web analytics services provided by Google Inc. to help us measure traffic and usage trends. Google Analytics sets a cookie to evaluate your use of the website and compile reports for us on activity on the website to help us understand how visitors engage with the website and track visitor interactions. Google Analytics collects information anonymously and without identifying individual visitors. Google may also transfer this information to third parties where required to do so by law, or where such third parties process the information on Google’s behalf. Google states that it will not associate your IP address with any other data held by Google.
By accessing this Website, you consent to the processing of data about you by Google in the manner and for the purposes set out above. Google Analytics uses its own cookies to store information, such as what time the visit occurred, whether the visitor has been to the site before, and what site referred the visitor to the web page. To disable this type of cookie, some browsers will indicate when a cookie is being sent and allow you to decline cookies on a case-by-case basis. In addition to declining cookies, you can also install the Google Analytics Opt-out Add-on in your browser https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout,which prevents Google Analytics from collecting information about your website visits. Learn more about the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on and other Google Analytics privacy information https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245.
Information We Create Ourselves
We may aggregate and/or anonymize Personal Information so that it will no longer be considered Personal Information. We do so to generate other data for our use, which we may use and disclose for any purpose. For example, we may calculate the percentage of our site users who have a particular telephone area code.
How We Use Your Information
We use your information, including your Personal Information, to manage our business and to maintain and develop commercial relationships with you.
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any Personal Information:
- To present the website and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- To improve the website, products or services, marketing, or customer relationships and experiences.
Information We Collect
We collect and maintain different types of personal information concerning the individuals with whom we interact. For example, we may collect:
- your contact information, such as your name, telephone number, e-mail address;
- information which enables us to provide you with the products or services that you seek, including any information you provide to us when you create or maintain an account with us;
- information which enables us to offer you products and services which we believe may be of interest to you, including information about your interests, purchase patterns, incentive eligibility, vehicle purchase intentions, and demographic information (e.g., age, gender, education level, occupation, and marital status);
- information about your use of certain services that we may provide to you, or that may be provided through your vehicle; and
- information about your vehicle, including: (i) your vehicle's make, model, and model year; (ii) vehicle identification number (VIN); (iii) license plate number; (iv) whether it was a new or used, lease or purchase, and/or a trade-in; (v) date of purchase or lease; (vi) the term of your lease or financing and other loan-related information; (vii) service information (e.g. service history, recalls, warranty and repair data, mileage, diagnostic data about the performance or status of vehicle modules and systems); and (viii) applicable third party service providers (e.g. cellular provider, satellite radio provider, etc.).
How We Share Your Information
Sharing With Our Partners
We may provide your data, including your Personal Information, to our affiliated companies and brands, to third parties who provide services to you or us, to promotional partners, to social media companies, or to other third parties as needed to carry out our business, or comply with a legal obligation.
How We Store and Secure Your Information
We are committed to protecting the confidentiality, integrity, availability and privacy of your Personal Information. We have put appropriate physical, technological and procedural security measures in place designed to help prevent your Personal Information from being lost, used, modified or accessed in an unauthorized way, or improperly disclosed.
We may retain non-personal information that has been sufficiently aggregated or anonymized for a longer period.
Once the retention period is over, we will dispose of your Personal Information as provided for in our internal record retention and destruction policy.
Access and Rectification Requests
You have the right to request and to have access to your Personal Information that is held by us. You can also request that your Personal Information be rectified if it is inaccurate, incomplete or equivocal or if its collection, communication or storage is not authorized by law.
We will respond to every request for access and rectification within 30 days of receiving the written request. If we refuse to provide access to or rectify your Personal Information, we will tell you the reasons for the refusal, subject to the restrictions prescribed by law.
HOW TO CONTACT US
All questions or concerns regarding this Policy or about the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information may be addressed to:
2390 Burrard Street Vancouver BC
Telephone: Contact Dealership for details
Email: Contact Dealership for details
Privacy Officer Contact Details:
2390 Burrard Street Vancouver BC
Email: Contact Dealership for details
We Respect our Customer’s Personal Information Confidentially and Securely
Application and Scope
Definition of Personal Information
Collection and Use of Personal Information
We collect most of our information about you directly from you, with your consent when required by law. For example, when you take a test drive, online request an appointment or vehicle quote, purchase or lease a vehicle, or service your vehicle, Carter Honda will collect information about you. We may also conduct contests, quizzes, surveys, promotions and offer several forms of personalized services such as vehicle warranty, servicing and maintenance and OnStar services, in respect of which you may be requested to provide personal information, such as name, mailing address, telephone number, e-mail address, age and other information that may be required to provide or administer these services or promotions.
We may also obtain personal information about you from third parties, with your consent. For example, for credit evaluation purposes, we may need to determine your credit worthiness through contact with an independent credit reporting agency.
Carter Honda generally collects personal information from or about its customers and other individuals with whom it deals, and thereafter uses it, for the following purposes:
- to establish, develop and preserve its business relationship respectively with its customers and other individuals with whom it deals;
- to create, establish and administer customers’ accounts and to respond to customer or supplier inquiries;
- to provide the products or services that it offers, or receive the products or services that it requests, and ensure that all related transactions are supported;
- to authenticate the identity and preserve the privacy of customers contacting Carter Honda by telephone, electronic means or otherwise;
- to conduct market analysis, as well as for internal training and quality assurance purposes;
as necessary, to establish or verify the credit of persons that use, or intend to purchase, one or more of the products or services offered by Carter Honda;
- to manage its General Motors Dealer business and ensure the efficiency, reliability and security of its systems and networks;
- to meet legal and regulatory requirements and allow Carter Honda to meet contractual requirements relating to the products and services provided to customers;
- to ensure its records are accurate and to protect customers and Carter Honda from error and fraud;
- to understand and assess the interests, wants and changing needs of customers with a view to improving its products and services and developing new ones;
- to provide personalized products and services as well as product recommendations to customers; and subject to our customers ‘Right to Withdraw Consent’, to conduct surveys on the quality of our products, services or customer service or to provide our customers with offers for additional products and services that we feel may be of interest to our customers or that we believe meet our customers’ changing needs.
Carter Honda obtains consent from the individuals concerned for the collection, use or disclosure of personal information through various means: orally or through written documents, including agreements, forms including vehicle purchase/leasing forms and repair orders, welcome kits as well as printed or electronic communications. The form of consent sought by Carter Honda will vary according to the sensitivity of the personal information, the reasonable expectations of the individuals and any requirements or standards established by law.
In certain circumstances, personal information may be collected, used or disclosed without consent. These exceptional circumstances may include:
- where it is clearly in the interest of the individual and consent cannot be obtained in a timely way, such as in emergencies, where the life, health or safety of the individual is threatened, or where legal, medical or security reasons make it impossible or impractical to obtain consent;
- when information is being collected, used or shared for the detection, prevention of or remediation to, the breach of an agreement, fraud or other illegal activity, and the collection of consent might defeat the purpose of collecting the information.
- to collect a debt; and to comply with a subpoena, warrant or other court order, or as may be otherwise required or authorized by law or by any regulatory bodies having jurisdiction.
Right to Withdraw Consent
Consent may be withdrawn at any time, subject to legal or contractual restrictions and reasonable notice; however, without such consent, Carter Honda may be limited in the services or products it is able to provide customers. You may also withdraw your consent as follows:
Mail marketing, Telephone marketing and Quality control communications
You may decide that you prefer Carter Honda not to use your personal information to promote new and / or additional products and services which may be of interest to you and refuse further Carter Honda contact by mail or telephone for marketing purposes or by email or telephone for quality control purposes. If this is the case, you may advise us by contacting customer service or contacting us using the information detailed in the ‘How to Contact Us’ section below.
Commercial Electronic Communications
Sharing of Personal Information
Third party or affiliated service providers
We may hire service providers, which may be affiliates, to perform services on our behalf. This may include, without limitation, a person or an organization retained by Carter Honda to perform work on its behalf. We provide them with a limited amount of information which is necessary in order for them to provide the services required. They are prohibited from using the information for purposes other than to facilitate and carry out the services they have been engaged to provide. These service providers are not permitted to disclose this information to others.
As permitted or required by law
From time to time, Carter Honda may be compelled to disclose personal information in response to a law, regulation, court order, subpoena, valid demand, search warrant, government investigation or other legally valid request or enquiry. We may also disclose information to our accountants, auditors, agents and lawyers in connection with the enforcement or protection of our legal rights. We also reserve the right to report to law enforcement agencies any activities that we, in good faith, believe to be unlawful or to law enforcement and emergency services providers, in an emergency or where required or permitted by law. We may release certain personal information when we have reasonable grounds to believe that such release is reasonably necessary to protect the rights, property and safety of others and ourselves, in accordance with or as authorized by law.
Carter Honda generally collects and uses personal information from or about its website visitors and users as follows:
Information you provide
In many cases, we collect personal information directly from you when you visit or use our website. For instance, we may collect the following types of information:
Requests for Product and / or Service
When you visit our website, we may use electronic means such as cookies to collect technical information. This information may include information about your visit to our website, including the IP address of your computer and which browser you used to view our website, your operating system, resolution of screen, location, language settings in browsers, the site you came from, keywords searched (if arriving from a search engine), the number of page views, information you entered, advertisements you have seen, etc. This data is used to measure and improve the effectiveness of our website or enhance the experience for our customers. For instance, it may be used to ensure that the products advertised on our website are available in your area or that we are not showing you the same ads repeatedly. We treat this information as personal information when it is associated with your account or contact information. We also collect and use the following information when you visit and / or interact with us on our website.
We use Google Analytics which allows us to see information on user website activities including, but not limited to, page views, source and time spent on our website. This information is depersonalized and is displayed as numbers, meaning that it cannot be tracked back to individuals. You may opt-out of our use of Google Analytics by visiting the Google Analytics opt-out page.
We use Google AdWords Remarketing to advertise Carter Honda across the Internet and to advertise on third party websites (including Google) to previous visitors to our website. AdWords remarketing will display ads to you based on what parts of the DEALER website you have viewed by placing a cookie on your web browser. It could mean that we advertise to previous visitors who haven’t completed a task on our site or this could be in the form of an advertisement on the Google search results page, or a site in the Google Display Network. This cookie does not in any way identify you or give access to your computer or mobile device. The cookie is only used to indicate to other websites that you have visited a particular page on our website, so that they may show you ads relating to that page. If you do not wish to participate in our Google AdWords Remarketing, you can opt out by visiting Google’s Ads Preferences Manager.
Carter Honda does not allow third party cookies on its website for purposes of delivering third parties advertising based on preferences or interests known or inferred from the data collected for advertising purposes (often referred to as Online Behavioral Advertising or OBA).
Your Choice with Cookies
Privacy Policies of Third Parties
Personal Information Outside of Canada
In some cases, personal information that we manage may be transferred, processed and stored outside Canada, and therefore may be available to government authorities under lawful orders and laws applicable outside of Canada. Carter Honda will strive to protect personal information disclosed to third parties by contractual agreements requiring that those third parties adhere to confidentiality and security procedures and protections that are, at a minimum, equivalent to those employed by Carter Honda itself.
Security of Personal Information
We will use reasonable security measures to protect your personal information against unauthorized access. Carter Honda has implemented security measures that contain administrative, technical and physical controls that are designed to safeguard your personal information.
Personal information will be retained only as long as necessary for the fulfillment of the purposes for which it was collected and for which consent was received, unless otherwise required or permitted by law. Personal information that is no longer required to fulfill the identified purposes or for a purpose required or permitted by law, will be destroyed, erased or made anonymous. Carter Honda has developed and implemented retention procedures, and will ensure destruction of personal information in a method that prevents improper access.
Access and Correction
Carter Honda respects your right to access and correct your personal information. If you need assistance updating your personal information, please contact us using the contact information detailed in the ‘How to Contact Us’ section below.
How to Contact Us
Questions? Great! We’ve Got Answers – CALL NOW! (604) 256-1359