Graduating from university marks the end of one journey and the beginning of another. With a new direction and career, there’s plenty of exciting experiences upon the road ahead. You’ll need safe and reliable transportation to get there. With so many potential paths to take, getting into a new vehicle can be easier than you think.
Graduate Lease Program
Honda Financial Services makes it easier for university / college graduates to qualify for a vehicle lease. This program is designed to provide leasing for recent graduates that have little or, in most cases, no credit history.
- The maximum amount of finance includes current MSRP plus freight / PDI, taxes, plus Honda Plus extended warranty (amount exceeding this limit will require a down payment)
- No Adverse credit history
- Verifiable proof of full-time employment and income, or written commitment from an employer with a start date within sixty days of application date
- Monthly income sufficient to cover current obligations, expenses, and the vehicle payment
- Payment cannot exceed 20% of the graduate’s gross income
- Copy of diploma or letter from Registrar’s office confirming graduation
- Down payment often not required
Frequently Asked – Vehicle Leasing Questions
What are the benefits of leasing?
- With a lease, payments may be lower than purchasing the same vehicle, since you only pay for the portion of the vehicle you use over the term of the lease. You can consider vehicles that have more options; trade-in your vehicle for the latest model more frequently; and, align the lease term to the vehicle warranty period for greater peace of mind.
Does leasing require less money upfront?
- The down payment amount for leasing a vehicle varies based on the lease transaction structure and monthly payment you desire, but generally, may be lower than buying.
With a lease, am I protected from possible negative equity?
- With a lease, you avoid the potential risk that your vehicle’s value has declined beyond its projected residual value at the end of your lease term.
What happens at the end of a lease?
- At the end of the term, you have the option to purchase the vehicle or turn it in, subject to the terms outlined in your lease agreement. Honda Financial Services will communicate with you prior to the end of your lease to guide you through the end of the lease process.
Looking to acquire a new vehicle without the responsibility of ownership? Great! Speak with one of our friendly specialists to learn how Carter Honda can help you (no obligation) CALL NOW! (604) 256-1359